Retiree Advocacy Leader Program
Please consider applying to become a Retiree Advocacy Leader and help make an impact with retirees in your community.
Goal of the Retiree Advocacy Leaders Program:
The goal of this program is to develop highly knowledgeable and trained advocates that will inform, motivate and give voice to the millions of retirees who have earned and wish to maintain their healthcare benefits in retirement. Advocates will accomplish this goal by raising public awareness in their local areas and being a resource to ProtectSeniors.Org as needed. ProtectSeniors.Org will provide Retiree Advocacy Leaders with training, staff support, and materials and publications.
Role of Leaders:
Retiree Advocacy Leaders function as point persons for advocacy activities within their Congressional District or their company of retirement, as directed by ProtectSeniors.Org. All Retiree Advocacy Leaders should expect to engage in activities in the following areas:
- Policy advocacy (writing to and meeting with your U.S. Representative and Senators)
- Media advocacy (writing to and speaking with the media)
- Community outreach (presentations to local retiree groups, community centers, etc., referring the public to ProtectSeniors.Org resources)
- Alliance development (cultivating relationships with local organizations or associations that may be supportive of ProtectSeniors.Org's efforts)
- Attend monthly conference calls with ProtectSeniors.Org leadership and staff and other Retiree Advocacy Leaders
- Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. Please submit your application by mail or email.
Download the application now!
Please complete Parts 1 and 2 of the application and submit to Laura Howard, Director of Grassroots and Member Communications by mail or email. Please type your responses then save and email the file (preferred), or print the application and send by mail. Please use the contact information below to submit your application:
Attn: Laura Howard
4 Sunset Lane
Milford, DE 19963