News from ProtectSeniors.Org
Learn more about ProtectSeniors.Org and our efforts to secure and protect retirees' earned healthcare benefits.
Articles of Interest
ProtectSeniors.Org In The News
Press Releases and Other News from ProtectSeniors.Org:
- June 26, 2014 -- ProtectSeniors.Org releases statement on introduction of S. 2418
- February 19, 2014 -- Retirees say they favor changes to Social Security Eligibility Rules; Fear their economic survival in survey by ProtectSeniors.Org
- September 16, 2013 -- Senator Tony Avella Announces Legislation to Protect New York Retirees Against Pension Stripping
- March 15, 2013 -- Retirees Want to Scream & Shout About Lack of Healthcare Affordability Under ACA & “Discriminatory” Liberty Act Legislation
- February 27, 2013 -- Retirees Applaud President's Comments on Protecting Earned Benefits in State of the Union Address
- June 28, 2012 -- ProtectSeniors.Org President Jim Casey's Statement on Affordable Care Act ruling
- May 16, 2012 -- Retirees Fight for their Health Future on Capitol Hill
- March 20, 2012 -- Statement from ProtectSeniors.Org on the Anniversary of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- February 29, 2012 -- ProtectSeniors.Org Chairman asks both House and Senate Budget Committees to Pass Legislation to Protect Earned Healthcare Benefits
- September 29, 2011 -- New Jersey Union Pushes for Federal Legislation to Protect Retiree Earned Healthcare Benefits
- July 8, 2011 -- Retirees Applaud Rep. Jim Gerlach's Support of Protecting Retiree Earned Healthcare Benefits
- May 10, 2011 -- Retirees Storm Capitol Hill During Older Americans Month to Fight for their Healthcare
- March 17, 2011 -- Retirees Mark Unhappy 1st Anniversary of Healthcare Reform
- December 27, 2010 -- ProtectSeniors.Org announces its plans for 2011
- November 12, 2010 -- Majority of Retirees Forecast End to the "American Dream"
- ProtectSeniors.Org will hold an open meeting in The Villages, FL, on March 3, 2010. For more information and to reserve your spot, click here.
- January 13, 2010 -- ProtectSeniors.Org Executive Director speaks to NJ AFL-CIO Retirees Committee. View photos of the event.
- December 24, 2009 -- ProtectSeniors.Org issues a press release in response to the Senate's health care reform bill.
- September 30, 2009 -- ProtectSeniors.Org meets with Rep. John Tierney, author of H.R. 1322, and sends a letter to summarize its position on retirees being protected in healthcare reform.
- September 15, 2009 -- ProtectSeniors.Org issues a press release announcing new interactive videos on website.
- August 25, 2009 -- ProtectSeniors.Org press release praises GOP's "Bill of Rights for Seniors".
- August 24, 2009 -- ProtectSeniors.Org President Jim Casey sends letter to President Obama urging him not to sign any health care reform into law without H.R. 1322.
- July 2, 2009 -- ProtectSeniors.Org releases a statement on employer-mandated health care coverage. Read the release here.
- May 20, 2009 -- The New Jersey State AFL-CIO endorses H.R. 1322. Read the letter of support.
- March 5, 2009 -- H.R. 1322, The Emergency Retiree Health Benefits Protection Act, was introduced into the 111th Congress by Rep. John Tierney (D-MA). Read ProtectSeniors.Org's Press Release.
- February 18, 2009 -- ProtectSeniors.Org Executive Director Paul Miller responds to commentary by the President of the Arizona Alliance for Retired Americansin the Tuscon Citizen.
- January 6, 2009 -- ProtectSeniors.Org issues press release: "Congress Needs to Act Now to Prevent a Health Care Disaster"
- September 25, 2008 -- Bill Jones testifies before House Committee on Education and Labor; lays out the need for a law to make it illegal to take away retirees healthcare. Click here of complete 9/25/08 testimony and addendum sent on 9/30/08
- May 27, 2008 -- Representatives Rob Andrews and George Miller introduce H.R. 6143, the Pension Protection Act ERISA Amendments of 2008, which contains the complete H.R. 1322 bill wording.
- March 1, 2008 -- ProtectSeniors.Org turns two years old, making more progress protecting retiree earned healthcare.
- January 29, 2008 – ProtectSeniors.Org issues results of its membership questionnaire. Click here to see story.
- March 1, 2007 -- ProtectSeniors.Org turns one year old, thanks to the support of retirees who have donated time and money to lobby Congress for passage of the bill which will protect retiree healthcare benefits.
- September 19, 2006 -- ProtectSeniors.Org launches National Ad Campaign to highlight Retirees plight and warning Congress that Retirees are watching.
- August 22, 2006 -- Congressman John Tierney speaks to a group of ProtectSeniors.Org members
- July 1, 2006 -- ProtectSeniors.Org Political Action Committee formed.
- March 28, 2006 -- ProtectSeniors.Org hires Washington, DC lobbyist to represent and pursue the passage of H.R. 1322
- March 1, 2006 -- New Organization Launched to Aid ALL 20 Million Retirees who have or previously had subsidized healthcare from their former employers.